Please note, however, that we may process your personal information without consent subject to legitimate reason to do so.
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
• Sets out the types of personal information we collect;
• Explains how and why we collect and use your personal information;
• Explains when and why we may share personal information within Al Khayyat Investments LLC and with other organisations;
• Explains how we protect the personal information we collect; and
• Explains the rights and choices you have in relation to your personal information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect:
• Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email address(es), phone number(s), date of birth, gender, and passport or ID number
• Your account login details, such as your username and the password (encrypted) that you have chosen; and
• Your interests, preferences, income, and other profiling information.
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our services, we may collect:
• Personal information you provide about yourself;
• Details of emails and other digital communications we send to you including information about the emails you open and links in them that you click on; and
• Your feedback and contributions to surveys and questionnaires.
Other sources of personal information
We may also use personal information from other sources, such as specialist companies that supply information, online media channels, our partners and public registers. We may collect the following types of personal information about you from other sources: contact details, interests, preferences, or other types of publicly available information. This other personal information helps us to:
• Review and improve the accuracy of the data we hold; and
• Improve and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising.
We may be required by law to collect personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you.
If you choose not to provide your personal information to be used in accordance with this Policy, you will still be able to visit our website but you may not be able to access certain options, products or services, and in some cases we may not be able to fulfill a service you request.
WHY AND HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personalise your experience
We may use your personal information to personalise the marketing messages we send to you and to make them more relevant and interesting, as this is in our legitimate business interests. Where necessary we will obtain your consent first. We may use your personal information for this purpose in the following ways:
• Using your online browsing behaviour to help us better understand you and provide you with personalised offers and services;
• Providing you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post, telephone, SMS, or online advertising), relating to products and services we offer, and those of our suppliers and partners. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on our website and on other organisations’ websites and online media channels. We may also measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications and those of our suppliers and partners; and
• To help us to better understand you and provide you with services and marketing communications that are relevant to your interests.
Contact and interact with you
We may use your personal information when we communicate with you, in order to:
• Contact you about our services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us;
• Manage promotions and competitions you take part in, including those we run with our suppliers and partners; and
• Invite you to take part in and manage surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities carried out by Al Khayyat Investments LLC and by other organisations on our behalf.
It is in our legitimate business interests that we are able to provide you with appropriate responses and provide you with notice about our services.
Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
We analyse information about how you use our services to:
• Manage and improve our website;
• Help to develop and improve our product range, services, stores, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you;
• Detect and prevent fraud or other crime.
It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our services to improve it.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
• We may share the personal information collected by any of our subsidiaries with our other subsidiaries for the purposes listed above.
We may share your personal information with other companies (including any of our subsisdiaries and/or affiliated companies) that sell products through our services. We only share personal information that enables our Retail Partners and/or any of our subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies to provide their services. For example, we might give the relevant Retail Partner your name, contact details, and address so that they can approach you by phone and/or email with promotional materials and/or for commercial purposes.
We work with carefully selected Service Providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. These include, for example, companies that help us with technology services, storing and combining data, processing payments and delivering orders. We only share personal information that enables our Service Providers to provide their services.
Some of the Service Providers we work with operate online media channels, and they place relevant online advertising for our products and services, as well as those of our suppliers and our Retail Partners, on those online media channels on our behalf. For example, you may see an advert for our service providers’ and/or any of our subsidiaries’ and/or affiliated companies’ products and services when you use a particular social media site.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS
We may share personal information with other organisations in the following circumstances:
• If any applicable law or a public authority says we must share the personal information;
• If we need to share personal information in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal information to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
• To an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal information can use your personal information in the same way as us;
• To any other successors in title to our business; or
• To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is different from your country of residence or our country of incorporation. In any case, we have put in place appropriate safeguards in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected.
In the event your personal information is transferred to a foreign jurisdiction, it may be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and we may be required to disclose it to the courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities in those jurisdictions but we will only do so where required by applicable laws.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain physical, technical, and organisational safeguards to secure your personal information from unauthorised access, use, alteration and destruction. However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
We operate channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with you. We monitor and record comments and posts made on these channels about us so that we can improve our services.
Al Khayyat Investments LLC is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than information we have posted ourselves. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves or any information posted on them by third parties.
All marketing communications we send to you will provide you with a way to withdraw your consent to future marketing. If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials you may opt-out from receiving these communications or change your account settings, this will remove you from marketing lists.
Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications you will still receive operational and service messages from us regarding the services or products you bought from us and responses to enquiries made to us, and that we may hold your details on a suppression list so we don’t send you marketing communications in the future.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Improve the way our website works.
Cookies allow us to improve the way our website works so that we can personalise your experience and allow you to use many of their useful features.
Improve the performance of our website.
Cookies can help us to understand how our website is being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse. These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
Deliver relevant online advertising
Cookies used for this purpose are often placed on our website by other organisations, and always with our permission. These Cookies may collect information about your online behaviour, such as your IP address, the website you arrived from. This means that you may see our adverts on our website and on other organisations’ websites. You may also see adverts for other organisations on our website.
Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising
Cookies can tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This information allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns and control the number of times you are shown an advert.
Your choices when it comes to Cookies.
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device.
If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our website. For example, you may not be able use some of our products and services that require you to sign in.
AGGREGATE DATA, DATA ANALYTICS AND SOCIAL MEDIA FUNCTIONALITY
We may aggregate personal information and remove any identifying elements in order to analyse patterns and improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyse website use, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customise our website’s content, layout, products and services, and we may appoint third parties to do this on our behalf, as set out above.
We gather certain usage information like the number and frequency of visitors to our website. This information may include which webpage you just came from, which webpage you next go to, what browser you are using, your device and your IP address. We only use such data in the aggregate. This collective data helps us to determine how much you use parts of our website, and do research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve you.
If you use buttons on our website linked to social media or similar sites (for example “Like” and/or “Share” buttons), content from our website may be sent back to that other website or service and, depending on your privacy settings, may be privately or publicly visible (for example to friends, followers, or generally to anyone who has access to your profile page).
You have the right to see or access the personal information we hold about you. To receive a copy, please write to email@example.com.
In addition, you have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to UAE law. These include the following rights to:
• Rectify the information we hold about you;
• Erase your personal information;
• Restrict our use of your personal information;
• Object to our use of your personal information;
• Withdraw any consents you have provided for our use of your personal information;
• Receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability); and
• Lodge a complaint with the data protection authority.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are concerned that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, or out of date, please write to the address above to report your concerns and we will take appropriate steps to amend our records.
Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to honour your requests.